Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tonights Run

Tonight Phil and I eased ourselves back in with a 3 mile run. 

I know it's not a lot but we have been lazy so we have to start somewhere and I would rather run a half decent 3 miler and feel a bit good about myself than a snails pace 6 miler and feel crap about myself.

It's all in the mind. Or it's all in my mind anyway.

We did one of my favourite 3 miles routes. I call it the "Three Stager". I call it this because I break it into 3 stages; the first stage is about a mile and a half of inclines, the second stage is about half a mile on a straight road with a slight incline, and the third stage is an easy mile... ALL DOWN HILL.
I like the "Three Stager" as it works well with my mind over matter state. The first stage being the tougher of the three and then it's easy peasy from there onwards.

Time 27:36
Pace 9.12

The plan is to run the Three Stager for the rest of the week and then get started on a training programme from Monday in order to give us some structure.

We're hoping to run Belfast again so that gives us a good six months to get fit and get good.
I must say, I am glad to be back.

1 comment:

Liam said...

Welcome back - Seems like we all need that preverbial kick up the backside - I'm starting a 20 week plan for The Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach, Va, USA on March 22ns - So we can keep up to date with progress as we go :)