Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm Back!

Bless me Father for I have sinned.... it's been almost 2 years since my last post.


I last posted in December 2006 after I ran the Dublin Port Tunnel 10k. Since then I have ran 5 more races including the Belfast City Marathon 2008 and the Liverpool Half Marathon 2008 (which is my all time favourite race).

The first of these two was the Liverpool Half Marathon, or "The Long And Winding Road" as they call it. This is my all time favourite race for two reasons; it's held in my home town and my fiance and I/ my running partner ran a good time, which felt deserved after working hard.
It was also on the day after my birthday.

The Belfast City Marathon was another good race but to be honest we had let our training slip since Liverpool so our time wasn't as good as it could have been. If we had of kept to schedule we could have ran a sub 4 hour marathon, but we didn't and so we only ran a 4:08.
I blame myself for this to be honest as I probably had a sub 4 hour in me but I have a habit of putting mind over matter and not believing in myself. Phil, on the other hand, just puts one foot in front of the other and runs.
Anyway, I won't dwell on what could have been. It was a tough race to be fair.

Since Belfast , due to sheer laziness, we haven't ran any other races, and since we had no races to aim for, no races to motivate us, our running has suffered greatly.  
So here I am, back again to run and back again to Blog.

My aim, a sub 4 hour marathon. So here goes!

No comments: