Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Not Waned Yet!

Phil and I stuck with it and ran another 3 miles yesterday and today.


Yesterday my head didn't feel the best after being sat in a stuffy office for 9 hours so I honestly didn't think I was up for running, but once I got out in the fresh air my head was clear in no time.

We did the same run as the previous day; running to the local park, running two laps of it and then back home again. 

I was a bit slower than the day before as I was a bit breathless so I tried cadence breathing, as I had never tried it before, breathing in for three steps and breathing out for two. I found it helpedmy breathing quite a bit so I was actually able to run the last part of the route faster and even overtook Phil! I don't think he minded though as I think he was just happy to see me putting in the effort he knows I am well capable of.

He gets frustrated with me at times as he is faster than I am so he is never running to his full potential, and also he also knows that when I think too much, thinking negative thoughts, I am not running to my full potential. I am determined to prove to myself and to him though that I can get those thoughts out of my head and just run and dig deeper as and when I need to.

Time 27:26
Pace 9.08

Today I didn't want to run as my legs were feeling a bit lethargic, and Phil was the same too, but we were already changed and had parked the car so all we needed to do was to drag ourselves to our starting point and so we did.

We did the same run again; to the park, two laps and back.

My legs eased up pretty quickly and I was doing cadence breathing again so I was able to speed up towards to end as I had done yesterday, in which case I will most definitely be continuing with the cadence breathing! 
Not only does the cadence breathing help my breathing, but I think it distracts me too while I am counting my steps. 

Time 28:10
Pace 9.23

We are back out again for ANOTHER three miles tomorrow and then maybe a day off on Friday.

Or not.

Consistency is the key!


1 comment:

Yuri said...

Well done! Those are some great times. And yes I agree that consistency is the key!

Yuri
Interval Running Man